There should not be any need to go out and buy large amounts of new equipment or clothing for our activities. The following is what you should wear as a minimum:
Land Based Activities
- Thick socks
- Comfortable, flexible trousers/tracksuit bottoms (not jeans or denim)
- T-shirt/base layer
- Fleece top
- Hat (warm/sun)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers; warm jacket
- Sturdy boots
PLUS any personal medication clearly labelled; bin liner or bag for dirty or wet clothing; sun protection cream; insect repellent; lunch and drinks; spare layers.
Water Based Activities
- As above PLUS spare pair of trainers that may get wet (canoeing/kayaking); walking boots (ghyll scrambling); towel; complete change of clothes including footwear.
Multi Day Programmes
- Same as above plus warm nightwear, torch, additional sets of clothing (1 set per day); sleeping bag, small amount of personal toiletries.
- For most groups or individuals we can provide a waterproof outer layer that is of very good quality. We also have a supply of walking boots, backpacks, etc. This can be organised when making your booking.
- We provide all technical and safety equipment and always have some spare layers and jackets if they are required.
Valuables should not be brought to the activity session. Jewellery should not be worn. We ask that you do not use your mobile ‘phone during an activity and that ‘phones, etc. are not kept in pockets as they can easily get damaged or lost.